IMPORTANT SDLRLA BOARD ELECTION INFORMATION
The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Board of Directors hereby announces the nomination and election process for SDLRLA’s 2012-2013 Board of Directors. Please note that only individuals who are PAID MEMBERS AS OF August 15, 2012 will be able to vote in this year’s election. Pursuant to our organization’s bylaws, Article 7, Section 7.1 provides: “The Board shall consist of: (a) Ten (10) at large directors. In the 2011 election, of the at large directors who are elected by the membership, the five (5) who receive the highest number of votes shall each serve a two (2) year term. The five (5) at large directors who receive the lowest amounts of votes shall each serve a one (1) year term. Every year thereafter, the term of all at large directors shall be two (2) years.(b) Four (4) directors elected by the membership to serve as the Executive Officers of the Corporation described in Article 8 of these Bylaws, who shall each serve a one (1) year term; and (c) At his or her option, the immediate past President may elect to serve as an at large director for a one (1) year term.”
THIS YEAR ALL MEMBERS WILL VOTE VIA ELECTRONIC VOTING. Members will recieve a password and access before the opening of voting. The following election schedule has been approved by the SDLRLA Board of Directors:
- September 24, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.- Candidate nominations are due for: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and 6 At-Large Director Positions. For the At-Large positions, the top 5 vote getters will serve a 2 year term, and the person with the sixth highest amount of votes will serve the remainder of a seat that is currently vacant. Nominations will be accepted for multiple positions. A 200 word statement and a headshot can also be submitted by this time, which is optional, but highly recommended. Submissions are due directly to the President, Lizzette Herrera at [email protected] This deadline will be strictly enforced. No late submissions will be accepted.
- September 27, 2012 – Special meeting/ social mixer will be held (place TBD) whereby La Raza members can interact with the candidates running for the 2012-2013 Board of Directors in an informal setting.
- October 1, 2012 – Electronic voting commences at 8:00 p.m.
- October 8, 2012 – Electronic voting ends at 11:59 p.m.
- October 9, 2012 – President notifies the candidates and announces the new board of directors for 2012 – 2013.
- October 19, 2012 -New Board of Directors sworn in at Annual Dinner.