The SDLRLA Scholarship Fund proudly announces the sixth year of its Bar Stipend Scholarship Program! The bar stipend is awarded to law students in their final year of study to assist with bar examination related expenses. In awarding bar stipends, the Fund will consider the applicant’s financial need, academic achievement, community service, leadership experience and any hardship experienced in pursuing an education. Stipends typically range from $500 to $1,000. Bar stipend recipients will be honored at a joint event in May 2016 along with SDLRLA Annual Judiciary Reception. All law students will be welcome.
1) Third or fourth year law student currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school in San Diego County; or a law student currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law with ties to San Diego or Imperial Counties;
2) Of Latino heritage; and/or with significant contributions to the Latino or Spanish-speaking community; and
3) Students who will sit for the July 2016 or February 2017 California Bar Examination.
Bar stipend recipients will be notified in early-May 2016. Students will receive awards upon satisfactory proof of: 1) registration for the July 2016 or February 2017 California Bar Examination; and/or 2) enrollment in a bar review course.
Applications will be considered timely and reviewed only if submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 22, 2016. Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file. The e-mail subject line should be “First and Last Name- Bar Stipend Application.” In order to be considered for a bar stipend, you must submit all of the following, in the following order:
1) completed application;
2) certification signature;
3) commitment signature;
4) personal statement;
5) resume that includes: i) graduate and under-graduate institution(s) attended; ii) any activities and community involvement, inlcuding leadership positions held; iii) any honors; and iv) any employment history;
6) law school transcript;
7) if available, proof of i) registration for the CA Bar Examination; or ii) enrollment in a bar review course.
Click here for the 2016 Bar Stipend Application!
Click here to view past recipients.